Saturday 9 January 2010

Studio day

I have spent most of the day in the studio and thought you might like to see where I work.


This is my workbench


with this lovely set of drawers and cupboards overflowing with tools and equipment


this is the main part of the room.  These are the benches where my students work when I am running courses although at this time of the year I rarely take bookings so it tends to be like this, overflowing with my own work.  In the background you can see some of the kilns I use (although my favourite is just out of the picture)


This is my new torch and behind it my soldering hearth and a large sink I bought at a farm sale years ago.  I keep all my glass rods for lamp working in a metal chest of drawers under the table in the centre of the studio and always put them away to keep them clean when I am not using them.  I think at the moment the studio is a bit untidy (for me) and put it down to the weather!  I am usually really tidy when I am working partly because with most of the techniques I use, like enamelling, you have to be really really clean.

3 comments:

Eve Smith said...

what a lovely working area, you are so lucky to have loads of space and some great pieces of equipment.

Joy Funnell said...

Oh don't. Makes my 7ft x 5ft seem really pathetic :( I can't do more than one thing at once without falling over something (actually I do that when I am only doing one thing at once!). I would so love to have more space.

Lynne Glazzard said...

I still fall over things, actually I can just fall over my own feet!