I have been a bit late posting this, my bird for last week. This is because they were waiting for me to complete enough beads to run an annealing programmed in my kiln. This is a bit risky as it is better to put the beads into a warm kiln and straight on to anneal. Anyway, they did survive. It is quite a long time since I made any bird beads and they are a little strange.
My ring for last week is in faux bone, coloured with alcohol inks. This is inspired by some examples of 1960s modernist pieces and was really made to work out how long it would take to saw, file and finish. I am planning to do this as a class later this year.
Here is my bird for this week. I feel a bit happier with the overall shape of this one, it is a bit more balanced as a bead although I did marver the 'wing' flatter on one side than on the other. I think I need to get a bit more bead making time into my weekly schedule!