Monday 24 May 2010

Teaching

I have had a few new students sharing my studio and producing interesting work in the past couple of weeks.  Firstly Ria and Krista who spent a happy day making pieces in art clay silver followed by a second day learning to enamel onto their pieces.  This was followed a few days later by Emma Mitchell, who already had some experience but came to learn more about enamelling.  She spent a day learning how to grind, wash and apply enamels using a wet laying technique in very thin layers.
I always enjoy teaching and hope that they have all gone away inspired to continue exploring this fascinating medium.
Here is the link to Emma's blog where there are pictures of her work

1 comment:

silverpebble said...

I've still got a glow from it (thankfully not because I got too close to the kiln). Thankyou again, it was a seriously enjoyable day