Friday 26 March 2010

The exhibition opens



I realised as I uploaded this image that I took it before I had quite finished.  The panel you can see on the right hand side how has a selection of badges in the transparent pockets.  It has been a huge amount of work selecting the objects for this exhibition but I am quite pleased with the result.  It is the first time I have been involved in anything on this scale.  It has historic jewellery selected from many different areas in Whitby Museum's collections and from a wide range of places across the world.  It has jewellery made of a wide variety of different materials, including of course many very fine examples of Whitby Jet.  I hope a few of you will make the journey up to Whitby and have a look.  If you do, please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Joy Funnell said...

Well done you - it looks great. You must feel so proud to see all your hard work come to fruition.

Hope it all goes really well.

Joyx

Caroline said...

Erik and I are looking forward to seeing the exhibition when we are up in Yorkshire in the third week of May!