Friday 13 February 2009

More beads

I seem to have spent too much time catching up on paperwork today, but it needed to be done and now is up to date again.  I did try rivetting a few piece of aluminium together which is something I have been meaning to do for a while.  I still need more practice though before I will start using rivets regularly in my work - they would need to be consistently perfect to be part of a piece of jewellery.

Earlier in the week I had made a few more glass beads, trying different combinations of glass colours and here are the results.  The pale grey on white was inspired by shadows and tracks in the snow.  The large and irregular bead is hollow and has Nyx flashed so looks metallic.  I was intending to start a whole lot of new colours for Spring but got distracted by the combination of black with the silvered plum and made a whole batch of them, lovely but not exactly Spring like.


No comments: