Tuesday, 3 February 2009
I started this set of graduated beads a couple of days ago and got them out of the kiln after annealing them this morning. There are 38 of them in total and I am quite pleased except that, after I had begun them I realised I had picked a difficult colour to match or tone enamel with. I had thought that I would make a piece in art clay silver, enamel it and then thread with the beads to make a big necklace...... maybe I will have to re-think that one. I should have started with a set of beads in blue or turquoise as blue enamels always behave so well whereas this coral pinkish orangey colour will be very tricky. Anyway, I will put them to one side for a while and think about it a bit more! Meanwhile, I have had one of those odd paperwork kind of days, I don't know where it has gone and the sun is shining, brilliantly reflected off the snow and am I spending more time looking out of the window than I should.