Sunday 21 November 2010

More work, at last

It seems like ages since I actually made anything!  In the past couple of days I have had a chance to get back in the studio and work again.  These pale blue beads are my first two attempts to make Melon style beads, based on some ancient Roman beads.  I haven't yet got the grooves accurate or even enough, but am quite pleased that I am beginning to understand how to do this.

These tiny enamelled leaf earrings are part of a commission 

I have threaded these grey and purple beads onto nylon coated steel cable, with a small silver catch fastener.

These beads are inspired by the sea, plants, waves, sea creatures.  The fifth bead from the left has tiny copper shapes cut out and encapsulated in the glass.  I was trying to make them look like shrimps!

.

No comments: