Friday 26 February 2010

Trip to Japan

I have spent a bit of time this afternoon sorting out and packing my suitcase ready for my visit to Japan.  I feel really lucky to have been invited to be part of this group organised by Glyn Mitchell of Zama UK.  We are visiting the Aida Corporation, who manufacture the art clay products; have workshops with Japanese tutors and a couple of visits planned.  It has special significance for me as in the front of one of my many notebooks a few years ago I wrote that I hoped one day to visit Japan.  I can't quite believe that I am setting off first thing in the morning.  I will travel down to London by train tomorrow and meet up with the rest of the group on Sunday morning at Heathrow.   I will probably not post anything while I am there but look forward to telling you all about it upon my return.

I just found this lovely blog that had beautiful photos of Kamakura
http://www.muza-chan.net/japan

http://www.muza-chan.net/photo/galleries/kamakura/kamakura-hasedera-04.jpg

2 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Enjoy Japan! It's on my list of places to visit too. Have a fab time!

Eve Smith said...

hope you have a fab time, and look forward to seeing all the new pieces when you get back,x