Monday 1 February 2010

Jewellery exhibition preparation

I am beginning to put together the information for the jewellery exhibition at Whitby Museum that opens on 30th March.  It will be the first time I have ever had to organise anything on this scale so at the moment I feel as though there is a huge amount to do.  I have selected most of the objects from the museum collection that will form the basis of the exhibition and have done some of the research.  It will have a number of themes or threads running through it and will showcase artefacts mainly from the jet, ethnographic and social history collections.  There will be a few pieces made by me as part of my residency.  I estimate that I will have to design and produce approximately 40 A2 information panels and the ones I have done so far seem a bit word heavy!
It will have a section on the use of different materials including at least one of these beautiful woven or plaited Victorian hair bracelets

1 comment:

fionachapman said...

Sounds exciting. I look forward to hearing more about it.