Tuesday 15 December 2009

Magic of metal clay


On her second day in the studio my student Margaret made a beautiful ring.  Unfortunately my photograph doesn't really show it to its full advantage.  It has two overlapping layers and beautiful areas of contrast in textures and polished highlights.  The stone was actually a very pale creamy colour and there is a second brilliant clear stone which hasn't shown up at all (sorry Margaret!)

Anyway, I hope she enjoyed her two days as much as I did.  She worked really hard and produced lovely work finished to a high standard - I'm sure that ring would fit me.......

3 comments:

silverpebble said...

Ooh, such lovely, inspiring work. I keep meaning to make rings but at the moment I'm rather obsessed with flowers, leaves and berries. It's always great to see new designs like this.

molecorner said...

I had the most wonderful time working with Lynne, a very accomplished lady on so many levels, inspiring & a brilliant sense of fun. I was very lucky to have Lynne guiding me to produce such lovely pieces on my very first introduction to working with silver clay. I can’t wait to book in for my next session, I only wish I’d left it a week later and perhaps I could have been snowed in on the wonderful Yorkshire Moors ! Many thanks and see you again soon. Margaret

Lynne Glazzard said...

thank you both!